Gilt-head breams fishing tours in Sesimbra´s espichel cape - season
Want to enjoy a day filled with adrenaline and a lot of tension in the fishing lines?
We offer you and your group of freinds one of the highlights of Portugal´s saltwater fishing experiences - the guil-head breams!
You can book right away. We’re booking for gilt-head bream fishing in Espichel cape and Setubal’s Vereda for this year season starting in November.
Don’t miss this opportunity to fish gilt-head breams. you will enjoy a sport fishing journey to fish XL gilt-head breams, which return all winters to Setubal bay and Espichel Cape area.
Sport fishing to the Gilt-head bream is an anchored or drifting boat fishing with live crab as bait and it allows the opportunity for the angler to catch Espichel’s legendary giant gilt-head breams which can weigh between 2 to 6 kg!
Are you ready for a good fight?
Bookings open for its season: November 15, 2018 – January 15, 2019!
Tips for the Espichel gilt-head breams boat fishing!
- Use fluorocarbon fishing lines. They’re resistant and allow some flexibility when you’re fightingt these gilt-head breams specimens;
- There are several hooks brands in the market, and some are specific for gilt-head breams fishing. Please contact us to know which fishing hooks are best for catching gilt-head breams. Whomever has been with us in this amazing fishing can witness the jaw power of these big gilt-head breams and how they easily break the fishing hooks;
- Don’t take any chances and never fully close the fishing reel drag. If you manage to catch a bid gilt-head bream specimen you’ll need all the drag you can get to tire these extraordinary specimens; gilt-head breams can weigh up to 7 kg;
- Use the best braids in the fishing reel for better quality like Power-Pro spectra fibres! The big gilt-head breams you’ll be fishing will test this lines;
- By knowing how to distinguish gilt-head bream bite from one of another species may increase your chances of catching your dream gilt-head bream! This knowledge will make all the difference in gilt-head bream fishing. We will be pleased to help you in your saltwater recreational boat fishing journey;
- Experience gilt-head bream fishing drifting or anchored! Before certain sea circumstances it’s best to be anchored so we can have the bait in the fishing area, in other situations, drifting will allow better fishing results if they are moving from different fishing points within the same area. We have boats for each of these different techniques!
Fun facts regarding the Gilt-Head Bream (sparus aurata)
Get to know gilt-head bream better and increase your angling chances!
This specie, which can be fished along all our Portugal´s coast, feeds itself mainly with bivalves, invertebrates, and mollusks and usually appears in big shoals.
It lives in mixed ocean bottoms, either sandy or rocky and it seeks for flagstone and stone areas to spawn.
This offshore recreational fishing targeting gilt-head breams are one of the most sorted sport fishing trips by those who appreciate a specie of greater gastronomical and sportive value, either it being for its power once hooked or by its high nutritional and gastronomical taste.
Minimum size to catch a gilt-head bream: 19 cm – recommended measure by Bolhas Tours 30 Cm!
Maximum registered weight: 19 kg! With 1.50 meters length!!!